Scott Haywood’s top tight-arse Christmas tips
Don’t have stacks of cash to burn this Christmas?
Scott Haywood has a few tips to help ease the financial burden that often comes with the festive season.
- Give meaningful gifts. They don’t necessarily have to cost lots of money (eg. babysitting vouchers, a day out bike riding)
- Plan ahead. Know exactly who you are buying for and don’t leave shopping to the last few days.
- Start doing Kris Kringle. Make sure you set a maximum amount to spend.
- Give a gift voucher. It can seem impersonal but recipients can nab great boxing day sales.
- Make the most of layby offers.
- If you’re hosting Christmas lunch, get everyone to bring a plate.
- Donate to charities instead. This might be a one-off occasion, or every second or third year.
- Buy for kids only. If the budget is a bit stretched, adults miss out.